Support UNICEF's relief efforts in Myanmar
                                  Google

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

DDLJ - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge

DDLJ - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge

I didn't realise this movie was still playing in the theatres! One of my favorite Bollywood movies. And I must sheepishly admit I saw it about 10 times (sometimes I had no option - the day after we saw it in the theatres, the movie was played again on a long-distance bus! :)). I wouldn't mind watching it again. This movie had everything working for it: Kajol, Shah Rukh, Kajol, Anupam Kher, Kajol; the music; excellent photography; tight screenplay; good direction and Kajol :D.

DDLJ Merge 1

The movie is now into its 500th week in a theatre in Mumbai - Maratha Mandir theatre. And they claim the movie runs to packed houses on weekends and at 60% capacity on weekdays! That is phenomenal for a movie playing for the 10th year without a break. The location (near Mumbai Central and MSRTC) may have something to do with it; but the credit really goes to the magical team that created this wonderful movie. It had all the essential ingredients for a super-hit: songs, dances, comedy, dishum-dishum, tears... Go watch it again folks!

Update: Here is a recent review on Rediff.

2 Comments:

At Fri May 13, 01:59:00 AM, Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

You won't be winning any prizes for guessing how I chanced upon this blog! :) Those 3 lines below your blog name.. did you write that? That's quite neat. As for DDLJ, didn't HAHK run real long too? And what about Sholay? I don't think it can beat Sholay's record. Sholay's running in some theatre too. DDLJ is a great movie. And so is Sholay. But Mumbaiites are crazy :p

 
At Fri May 13, 07:35:00 AM, Blogger Balakumar said...

The quote was by Lord Byron. Updated the header to indicate that! :) I dont know about HAHK; but I believe the prev record was by Sholay, but that lasted only 5 continous years from the time of launch. Thats the key - "from time of launch" :) And I dont know who would win the race to craziness - Mumbaiites or Tamilians - esp after I saw the boisterous crowd viewing Chandramukhi. I didnt even realise there were over 200 Tamilians in Portland until then! And by popular demand, they plan on playing the movie again!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


   Copyright 2005
Subscribe to Passing Clouds on your cell phone