Support UNICEF's relief efforts in Myanmar
                                  Google

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

We don't need another empire.

A terrible state of affairs indeed. When I used to read Ludlum I used to love his work especially because the plots though sounding unrealistic, were very well woven together. Most of his books talk of world domination. Someone always plotting to take over the world and the protagonist managing to save the world just before apocalypse. And now as I researched more on how Iraq turned out to be such a big danger to US, I came across some surprising and shocking similarities to the intricate tales by Ludlum. I knew there was a conspiracy underway...but something so explicit and open to the world to see is not what I expected. I was initially sickened by what I read, and now it doesn't bother me as much. I guess I have come to terms with it.

The path we are headed in is sure tragical. A new global empire where the Americans think:
  • they have to strengthen their ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to their interests and values;

  • they need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to their security, their prosperity, and their principles.

  • they need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad.



And folks, the above bullets are straight out of the "Statement of Principles" of PNAC (Project for the new American century - whose members read as the who's who of the American Govt. policy makers - Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al).

Check these links:
Don't miss this article in New York Times, especially the last paragraph -> you may need a log in.
Losses, Before Bullets Fly

Veteran journalist John Pilger's perspective

The president's real goal in Iraq

Kagan's Reaction to 'Bush's Real Goal in Iraq': Comparing America to Ancient Empires is 'ludicrous'

And the mother of them all: Project for the new American century

I hope my CT antennae are over-reacting - but I doubt it. :(

Have a nice "peaceful" day if the "democracy-crazy" Govt of America allows you that privilege one more day - IF that is part of their principles! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


   Copyright 2005
Subscribe to Passing Clouds on your cell phone